Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Icarus at Night, Florida USA


Icarus at Night, originally uploaded by jurvetson.

My evenings are punctuated with preparation of various rockets for the Black Rock Desert launches later this month. Night launches with LED sequencers on board, video rockets and a bigger V2 – weighing in at 100lbs so far… and I still need to add three parachutes and two flight computers. First flight will with an Animal Motor Works N2801 spewing a shower of titanium sparklers.

Met today with a colleague who has a system to accelerate his rocket from 0 to 1000MPH in 0.25 seconds. Getting the electronics and even the propellant grains to survive over 400 g’s is a challenge!

This looks like the best of the NASA shots, but it is by Nils from Sweden, posted with permission.

(P.S. I don’t have access to my photos right now. Upgrading to Snow Leopard corrupted my hard drive, irreperably. Slowly recovering everything. Almost as bad as a Microsoft OS... I suspected a X.0 install on a near-full HDD, so I backed up everything right before; nevertheless, iPhoto will not open)


"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." -- Lao Tzu
Copyright © Demetrios the Traveler



Digg!


No comments:

readers

labels and tags

Powered By Blogger