The village has about 4 km of paved road and about 10 to 12 km of gravel road. It has about 6 to 8 km of hydro lines, and about 3 km of phone lines.
Its surroundings consist mainly of forests and grasslands, where the forest covers much of the area, surrounding the lake, with barren land in the higher elevations. There are also several, mostly abandoned, farms in the village..
The village today
Tsivlos today features a few homes and a restaurant. There is also an environmentally-friendly electrical generator. The area is featured for many recreational activities including camping. Tsivlos has a school for the entire municipal district, a church, a post office, and a square (plateia). Its nearest gymnasium (middle school) and lyceum (secondary school) are in Dafni.
Tsivlos was mentioned as the settlement of Civlò by the census of the Venetian Francesco Grimani in 1700 and had 33 families and 148 inhbitants. Tsivlos was ruled by the OttomanTurks with the exception from 1681 until 1715 with the last of the Venetian rule, it became a part of Greece after the Greek War of Independence.
The area is generally characterized with the inconsistency of the ground. Since 1912, Tsivlos constituted a part of the municipality of Nonakrida. It is one of the few villages in the prefecture that retained its name. On Sunday March 24, 1912, a large volume of rocks and soil fell from a nearby mountain of Gerakari which devastated the village of Sylivaina and fell into the Krathis river.
The river water flooded into a large part of Tsivlos, creating a lake with a depth of 80 m and an area of around 200 hectares. The inhabitants of the two villages had relocated two days before the disaster due to a small space and sinkage. Their residents moved to Tragano (Neos Erineos), Syliveniotika, Kamares,Rododafni (Mourla), and they received properties from the government.
After World War II and the Greek Civil War, its buildings were rebuilt and emigration occurred at a higher rate until 1981 through to 1991, when the population decreased by 40%, but later recovered between the years of 1991-2001. Mesorrougi became connected with asphalt in the 1960s. More pavement was available in the late 20th century. Electricity, radio and automobiles were introduced in the mid-20th century, television in the late-20th century and computer and internet at the turn of the millennium. In the late-1990s, the ex-community (now a village) joined to become the newly formed municipality of Akrata.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." -- Lao Tzu
Copyright © Demetrios the Traveler